Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

"How To Become A Knitting Superstar"




You need to have a comfortable grasp of intermediate knitting techniques in order to knit and enjoy 90% of the awesome project and patterns out there today. Yet most knitters don’t have a solid understanding of intermediate skills.
  • 90% of knitting patterns call for intermediate skills, but most knitting books and videos stick to just the basics.
  • Trying to get better on your own can leave you confused, frustrated, and working way harder than you need to - unaware of the fact that there are easier ways to do most techniques.
The good news is these skills are easy and fun to learn - IF you have a knowledgeable teacher show you how. With the right skills, knowledge, and experience, you will be able to read and knit any new pattern, beginner to advanced, with ease and confidence.

Since I want everyone out there to be able to enjoy easily using these skills, I created a series of video-based knitting courses to guide you through each technique in a way that makes sense, while knitting gorgeous projects and learning the techniques that are hot right now.

Using fantastic new technology, I wrote these instantly-downloadable knitting e-books on each of the subjects that intermediate knitters must learn in order to knit the projects they are dreaming of. I created streaming videos and step-by-step illustrations for every technique, made just for you!

A sample page from the "Knit Faster" video e-book. Huge, high-resolution videos give you a bigger-than-life-size view of each technique.

If you are excited about learning the techniques that will make you a Knitting Superstar, here’s what to do: Check out the E-Books below and download your copies today!
Video E-Books you can get your hands on RIGHT NOW:
Future Video e-books:
  • Double Knitting
  • Lacy Socks
  • Moebius Knitting
  • Fair-Isle Knitting
  • Mosaic Knitting
  • Custom Sweater Design and Fitting

Want to be notified when the new books come out? Join my video-newsletter and get free videos, patterns, and tips every week. You’ll be the first to know when the new video e-books are published, AND you’ll be offered all the books at a great discount.

You can also get involved by following, subscribing, or commenting on my blog, requesting videos and special techniques, becoming a fan of my Facebook page, or following me on Twitter. You can also browse my videos on YouTube.

I love to teach knitting, so whatever you want to learn about, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I have my second shawl temporarily hibernating. The pattern is "Shoalwater Shawl", kind of lacy. It has a vertical, double row of holes for center back. As I finished each row, the holes appeared to be not as exactly vertical (from neck down the back) as they should be. Of course, at this point it hasn't been blocked yet. I'm using lifelines every 10 rows or so. For now I've settled on finding the exact center of each row, & counting to the right including the lacework inc. & dec., so I'll absolutely begin knitting each new row on the correct stitch.
    As you can see, it's a very labor-intensive way, but since this is only my 2nd shawl (first lace shawl), I knew that, after blocking, if that vertical, double-holed center would REALLY look bad if the holes weren't exactly vertical.
    Hope you can understand my ramblings, but if you can add any suggestions that will feel easier, but still ensure those vertical holes will be absolutely vertical after blocking, it would be greatly appreciated :) Scoochy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan,
    Great question! I have had a lot of good questions about shawls lately - I have added "basic lace shawl" to the top of my "video e-books to write" list!

    Are you using a marker on either side of your center stitch? This is absolutely crucial for getting symmetrical increases. Just slide a marker onto your needle on either side of the stitch - then you won't have to count at all. If you don't have quite the right number of stitches after you decrease (let's say you have one stitch before the center stitch), just knit that stitch, then yo, k1, yo as usual at the center stitch.

    I hope this helps!
    Liat

    ReplyDelete