Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Top Ten Mistakes Knitters Make that Slow Down Their Knitting (and How to Fix Them)

Are you making one of these classic mistakes? Don’t worry, almost everybody does. That’s why they made this top-ten list. Just read through and watch the videos to see if you are making your knitting experience harder than it should be - and what to do about it.

And just so you know, I’m not perfect, either. My top knitting mistake didn’t make it to the top ten, because it doesn’t really slow me down, per se, but it’s caused me a lot of frustration. I’ve been working on it, and I’m happy to say it doesn’t affect me now as much as it used to.

It’s that I would knit things out of colors that look bad on me. I used to pick a lot of pale, delicate colors, because they looked so good on models and in knitting magazines. Unfortunately, they make me look pasty and bland! So now I try to stick to deep, rich colors and bright jewel tones, no matter how good that sand-colored cardigan looks.

So, counting down from #10, your top mistakes and how to fix them are:

#10 Not Pushing Your Needle-Tips Far Enough Through Your Stitches

Problem: I see so many knitters doing this - they just barely push the tips of their needles through the stitches, and as a consequence, have to go really slowly and carefully to make sure that the stitches don’t fall off.

Fix: Easy! Push your needles all the way into your stitches, like I show in the video. Pair this fix with Tip #6, Using Your Fingers To Help You (coming up in a few weeks), and you should be golden.


This video tutorial is part of a popular new e-book called "Knit Faster!" Speed Up Your Knitting By Avoiding These Ten Mistakes. Click here to learn what they are and how you can fix them!

No comments:

Post a Comment